Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sorry for the long delay in posts, the truth is I have been a bit beat down by not having a job. I just didn't want to constantly blog about being beat down. So all that to say, I finally got a job! I will be working for Denver Rescue Mission. It is anything but glamorous, but I will be helping people and working full time. We will have enough to pay our bills and to live well, and that is all I can really ask for. In addition, I think I will try to serve as chaplain for the local Air National Guard. This would be part time, and I can do it in conjunction to the church. It will be a great place to meet and minister and I'm pretty excited about it. So, really, thank you for your prayers, it was a tough couple months, but no one said it would be easy.

Also, we had our first Thanksgiving here. Our friends Chad and Mary came, and some family and friends of theirs, and Robin's sister. It was laid back and we had a really great time. We are so excited about celebrating with all of you next year. We want to also start a tradition of helping at a local shelter or something like that for lunch or breakfast and then getting together to eat dinner together. You are all invited. I don't have much more to say, but one of the things I was really grateful for (and still am) is all of you. Its a big deal to say that you are going to spend your life doing things of eternal significance instead of things that will make your rich or comfortable.

So, please just pray that the Air Guard thing will work out, pray that there will be no scheduling conflicts and that all the little things with it work out well. What can we pray for you for?

2 comments:

Grant said...

Des and I are about to starta brutal 4 months of school where she wont be working, which will make things pretty tight... we're bracing ourselves for it now but appreciate your prayers.

Bethany said...

OH YAY!! Chris I'm so excited for you!! That even makes my heart lighter! I'd been praying so hard for you!

Well, I have now told my boss that I will only be working for her until the end of May. Just that morning I had been praying about the right time to say something and later that day, she called me in to her office to, ironically, give me a promotion. So I told her I was flattered, but also had something to tell her and then she could decide if she still wanted to move me to a different class. So, now I'm just glad that she knows and I don't have to try and pretend as though I will be there for years down the road. She was sad to know that I'll be leaving, but also very excited for me and was asking all kinds of questions.

I guess what you can be praying for me is money stuff, as always. As I'm sure you all understand, it's just something that is always at the back of my mind... money to move, money to get into an apartment, money to hold me over till I find a job, etc, etc. That's about it, I guess. I'm still so excited and can hardly believe it is coming so quickly.