Friday, July 3, 2009

JULY?!

GUYS! It's almost time to crank this thing up and get started. I am pretty excited.

Robin and I were very excited to welcome Jessica and Tanner to Denver almost two weeks ago. Hopefully you guys are getting settled in and find jobs quickly. That is one thing on top of my prayer list at the moment. In just a few weeks we will be moving in Grant and Desiree. Bethany is going to delay awhile, but she is still looking to come. Then we have some people that are already here that are thinking about joining us. Overall, I think we will have a really good group for our fall home-church and then we will be in a good place to transition next spring.

The more I talk with people around our age and a little older, the more I get the impression that what we are doing, what we are going to be about, is exactly what they are looking for. The difficulty with our generation is that oftentimes we/they want to be involved with something great, but are not as willing to work hard to make it happen. So part of our challenge is to get people and let them know that serving needs to be a high priority.

All that to say, we need to be sure that teaching during our home church phase is a high priority to us. Those of you who have volunteered for certain topics, continue to think about those topics. I challenge you to think about ways that are less conventional to teach that. Video clips, quizzes, music, whatever you think will help to teach your particular subject better. We are part of an ADD generation, so keeping our interest is very important. If I can help in anyway, I would be happy. I may write up some thoughts I have had on your particular subjects and shoot an email with them, not that you have to use them or anything, but just to help get started. I have had a lot more time to think and stew on these things. Is there anything we can be praying for? Tanner and Jessica would probably like to find jobs. Grant and Desiree might like a place to live. Anything else? Looking forward to it!

No comments: