Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Change the World!

I think the great hope we have is that we will change the world. We have to believe that. The world we are in is full of depression, greed, sin and suffering. We know that our world seems to be going down the pipes, but I think some of the great hope we have is that we really can change the world.

Really.

We can change the world.

We can make a difference. We can bring the light of Christ to those who have lived in oppression and darkness. Our great hope is that Jesus died and rose from the grave, and we can follow him, someday soon. What changes do you see the world needs?

Robin and I are excited some of you are coming to visit in a week and a half, and I appreciate the update Bethany, the rest of you slackers need to post an update. Love you guys and pray for you by name every night. Peace and joy to you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the new David Crowder song "Remedy"? The first time I heard it, I thought of what we are all trying to do... change the world. It's kind of a picture of what I hope will happen in Denver - that we can be Jesus Christ to all those we meet.

Chris said...

No, I haven't, but I will download it in minutes. I really get more excited every day, which is hard because I have a lot of days left until we get this gig goin. But it does help me get my homework done a little better.

Anonymous said...

by the way, are we doing lunch or dinner this next weekend?

Chris said...

I was thinking dinner, but it kind of depends on when you are all wanting to get here. A late lunch would probably work too, if you guys don't want to drive home in the dark.

Anonymous said...

whenever is good

Robin said...

ok, talked to tanner, how is around 6ish? that works best for us too.
by the way, its chris but robin was logged in, so I don't wanna change that.

Anonymous said...

six is good, i'll be there

Anonymous said...

soooo.... sad change of plans.. it's a long story, but I won't be able to make it on saturday after all. I'm really sad that its working out this way, but tell everyone hello and let me know what you talk about... i miss you guys so much!

Chris said...

That is sad. Robin and I were thinking it would be cool to have us all meet up sometime in April though. Maybe in the metroplex this time. So that way probably everyone can be there.