Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Challenge of Jesus

This past week I read a book called "The Challenge of Jesus" by NT Wright. Basically it was all about how we can affirm who Jesus was an is in our post-modern world. Wright does a very good job of being balanced. He affirms that we should and can affirm the historicity of Jesus Christ, but also that we have to contextualize the story as we retell it. It cannot look the same in every culture.

I don't have a ton to say about all that, maybe because I'm pretty worn out right now. But I did want to check in. Bethany, Robin, Tanner and I are going to Denver this coming weekend. I am really pumped about it. I will give you all updates as we get back. I will post sometime this week before we go. Then pretty soon I will email my book reviews and the other stuff I have been working on. Peace upon you all. Pray for great things.

No comments: