Sunday, October 12, 2008

Checkin in.

Hey people. Its Sunday, and we are enjoying that we can sleep in on Sundays again. We look forward to you all being able to do the same. It is 41 degrees here in Denver, which is great, especially since we got our heater working. It was freaking cold last night though... If you are worried about me since my beloved Sooners lost yesterday, I appreciate the prayers, but I'm doing ok. At least we didn't lose to some crap team this time.

Anyway, we are adjusting to life here. We love lots of things about the city, and don't love a few things. We don't love that we don't have jobs yet, but we both have a couple solid leads. We are hoping to get something this coming week. So if you could pray for that, we would really appreciate it. I have a couple applications at CCU, and Robin has a couple at nursing homes. God has really taken care of us thus far, and so we don't have any good reason to doubt him now, but it does get worrying sometimes. We have met some really great people, and have noticed that there are a lot of places where people just go to hang out, and are open to talking to strangers. I hope that we can start doing some sort of home group or something soon, and maybe that will eventually lead to a core group for when the rest of you get here. We miss some things about Texas, namely the close friends, I don't miss lots of Texas fans giving me crap...

Anyway, let us know when you want to come visit us, let us know. We have a nice little upstairs for visitors to stay in. So say a prayer for us, and we will say one for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for those of you moving before long. It will sneak up on you and you will be here before you know it.

No comments: